A.J. is President of Central Atlanta Progress (CAP), a private business association founded in 1941 that remains one of the most effective advocacy organizations in Atlanta.
He is also the President of the Atlanta Downtown Improvement District (ADID).
Previously, A.J. was President of Portman Holdings, where he managed the operations of a real estate company with offices in Atlanta, Charlotte, Shanghai, and Warsaw. During his 22-year career at Portman, A.J. oversaw the real estate development process, which included identification of new opportunities, securing financing, design, construction, marketing, acquisition, property management, and asset management.
After earning a business degree from Emory University in 1977, A.J. earned an MBA from the Harvard School of Business in 1980.
His many business and civic interests include:
- Board of Directors, America’s Mart, Inc.
- American Israel Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Inc., Southeast Region
- Atlanta Neighborhood Development Partnership
- Atlanta Convention & Visitors Bureau
- B’nai B’rith Youth Organization
- Greenfield Hebrew Academy
- Metro Atlanta Chamber of Commerce
- Regional Business Coalition
- The Breman Heritage Museum
- Member, Rotary Club of Atlanta.
A native of Knoxville, Tennessee, Mr. Robinson is married to Dr. Nicole Ellerine, a pediatrician. They live in Atlanta with their three children.