Jordan brings 15 years of experience in real estate strategy and operations; having led high-performing Corporate Real Estate functions for a Fortune 250 company.
Jordan Peterson joined TUFF in July 2020, serving as Vice President. Jordan holds a B.S. in Business Administration from The George Washington University in Washington, DC, with dual focuses in Finance along with Business Economics and Public Policy. He has been involved in over $1 billion in property acquisition and development projects in his career.
Jordan enjoys helping clients develop their business plans and exceed their goals by finding creative solutions to complex real estate challenges. With any project engagement, Jordan fosters an innovative team spirit and a sense of optimism to take on big-picture opportunities.
Jordan worked in the Corporate Real Estate department at BB&T Corporation (now Truist Financial) for 14 years, most recently leading that organization as their Senior Vice President of Real Estate Operations. In that role, he oversaw real estate strategic planning, transactions, workplace design, construction project management, and facility operations for a complex portfolio that spanned 21 million square feet of office, retail, data center, and industrial real estate assets across North America.
Jordan has been an active participant in the United Way’s Leadership Circle and Young Leaders United organizations in Forsyth County, NC.
- The George Washington University, Bachelor of Science in Business (with Honors), 2006
- Has been involved in over $1 billion in property acquisition and development projects.
- Managed a real estate portfolio with over $550 million in annual expense.
- Completed an initial lease and $455 million purchase option agreement for a Class-A office tower in Charlotte, NC.
- Engaged in development and operation of a state-of-the art 120,000 square foot Tier 4 enterprise data center.
- Lead the programming, land acquisition, design, construction, and operation of a world-class home for the BB&T Leadership Institute (formerly FARR & Associates) in Greensboro, NC. This unique facility contains office and research space for a team of psychology experts in varying fields, along with experiential education, lodging, and research spaces.
- Formed a Public-Private partnership with leadership of a small southeastern City and a 3rd party developer to leverage a corporate investment as a catalyst for redevelopment of the City’s downtown area.
- Has championed and sponsored over $70 million in energy efficiency and sustainability programs.
- Acquired office campuses in Charlotte, NC ($80 million); Raleigh, NC ($70 million); Greensboro, NC ($55 million), and Greenville, SC ($35 million).
- Has extensive involvement in planning and designing physical spaces that enhance collaboration and support innovative teamwork and technology development.
- Performed real estate due diligence for 25 completed business portfolio acquisitions, exceeding 8 million square feet of space in total.