What We Do
Colleges and universities face special challenges when it comes to developing facilities.
As mission-driven developers and advisors, we create the best strategy for developing facilities, buying real estate, and financing developments as efficiently as possible.
Our non-profit structure and breadth of experience creating education and research communities are unique in this marketplace. We draw on both to craft strategies such as:
- Tailoring developments to the specific needs of faculty, students, researchers, industry partners, and the surrounding community
- Crafting solutions that include balance sheet restructuring
- Collaborating with investment bankers, architects, planners, and other development professionals
- Traversing an array of institutional and budgetary challenges
- Activating facilities through creative programming and community-driven solutions
From concept to development, TUFF is a partner whose mission aligns with your own.
While each strategy depends of the unique needs of the institution, all seek to reduce the cost of occupancy and enable long-term affordability of the development. Our goal is to deliver the facilities you need to fulfill your mission.
Specific strategies may include:
- Identifying and securing capital resources such as:
- New Markets Tax Credits
- Economic incentives
- Tax-exempt financing
- Equity investments
- Analyzing indirect cost recovery options
- Developing lease arrangements that manage current accounting standards
- Engaging in Public-Private Partnerships (P3) that advance your mission
- Implementing long-term asset management solution.
As a non-profit developer, we are uniquely positioned to transform your vision into a strategy that enhances your education and research community.
To learn more or begin a conversation with TUFF contact us or call 404-214-9200.